One thing you may have noticed is it doesn't matter whether a thing is enjoyable or not, it still takes energy. I'm hoping to get back up to full spoons today since it's back to work tomorrow. But I also want to try to take care of myself a little better today than yesterday. Dealing with a few forks since I wasn't very good at self-care yesterday; let's see how the day goes.
Get up (-1 spoon)
Fork: don't feel rested (-1 spoon)
Feed the cat (-1 spoon)
Fork: arm pain (-1 spoon)
Cat snuggles (-1 spoon)
Surf internet (-1 spoon)
Fork: headache (-1 spoon)
Fork: backache (-1 spoon)
Make coffee (-1 spoon)
Make breakfast (-2 spoons)
Coffee (+1 spoon)
Breakfast (+1 spoon)
Take Advil (-1 spoon)
Get dressed (-1 spoon)
1 load of laundry in washer (-1 spoon)
Fork: period spotting (-1 spoon)
Fork: brain fog (-1 spoon)
Clean glasses (-1 spoon)
Brush hair (-1 spoon)
Watch TV (-1 spoon)
Make coffee (-1 spoon)
Coffee & snack (+2 spoons)
Fork: nausea from too much coffee (-1 spoon)
1 load of laundry in dryer (-1 spoon)
Go to grocery store (-1 spoon)
Help make brunch (Mom did most, thanks Mom!) (-1 spoon)
Brunch (+1 spoon)
Set washing machine to clean itself (-1 spoon)
Help Dad with car (-1 spoons)
Make coffee (-1 spoon)
Help with baking (-1 spoon)
Go to grocery store, twice (had to return sour milk) (-2 spoons)
Coffee (+1 spoon)
Snack (+1 spoon)
Brush teeth (-1 spoon)
Feed the cat (-1 spoon)
Go to grocery store (-1 spoon)
Help make supper (-2 spoons)
Supper (+1 spoon)
At this point, I realized I would likely be short on spoons for tomorrow. I decided that if I'm going to be short anyway, I'm going to do as much tonight to prepare for tomorrow as I can.
Cleaned up after supper (-1 spoon)
Packed lunch for tomorrow (-1 spoon)
Made breakfast for tomorrow (-1 spoon)
Made a cup of coffee for tomorrow (-1 spoon)
Snack (+1 spoon)
1 load of laundry into washer (-1 spoon)
Fold & put away clothes in dryer (-1 spoon)
1 load of laundry into dryer (-1 spoon)
Snack (+1 spoon)
Get ready for bed (-1 spoon)
Spoons remaining for tomorrow: -14
Noting the double-edged sword aspect. Neglecting self care for a day borrows fewer spoons from the next day, but means more forks for the next day. (Already thinking about how I didn't bathe or wash my hair today so I will have to shower in the morning.) Having more coffee means more spoons but makes me nauseous, so that's a fork. Getting things ready ahead of time means fewer spoons used the next day, but borrows said spoons.
Since my period is just spotty today, that should mean it'll be done tomorrow, which will mean at least 1 fork gone--a lot of my other forks relate to it so in reality it might be 3 or 4 forks gone. Back to work tomorrow, so we'll try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment