Thursday, April 4, 2019

April 4, 2019

Starting spoons:  7

Yesterday I used 13 spoons too many.  Bleargh.

Of course, the fewer spoons I have, the more spoons everything takes.  Things that otherwise wouldn't even register as spoons become whole spoons.  As well, emotional spoons become more important and in shorter supply.  There are also more forks.  But here we go...

Check Facebook and email (-1 spoon)
Cat snuggles (-1 spoon)
Fork:  dizzy (low blood pressure) (-1 spoon)
Get up (-1 spoon)
Fork:  backache (-1 spoon)
Fork:  brain fog.  Means I have to take extra time to figure out what I'm doing, I forget what I wanted to do or how to do it, and I have to do some things twice (-1 spoon plus additional spoons through day for doing things twice)
Get food for cat (-1 spoon)

For those keeping track, those were my spoons left for today and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.  Time to start borrowing from tomorrow.  Oh, tomorrow's me will be upset, but also too tired to be upset.

Use wrong dish, get food again (-1 spoon)
Big fork:  period in full swing, cramps and all (-2 spoons)
Forget what I was going to wear (-1 spoon)
Fork:  coughing fit (-1 spoon)
Pick out clothes, put them on, realize they're dirty, get dressed again (-2 spoons)
Spray dry shampoo in hair, brush it and put in ponytail (-1 spoon)
Fork:  handful of hair comes out in my hair while putting in ponytail (-1 spoon)
Brush teeth (-1 spoon)
Can't find lunch I made to pack, have to find something else (-1 spoon)
Pack lunch (-1 spoon)
Make small breakfast (-1 spoon)
Make coffee (-1 spoon)
Get travel mug from storage (-1 spoon)
Put on coat and boots (-1 spoon)
Realize I'm running late, stress (-1 spoon)
Travel to work, not driving (-1 spoon)
Fork:  nausea (-1 spoon)
Eat breakfast (+1 spoon)
Coffee (+1 spoon)
Made up time on road but line at Tim Horton's VERY SLOW, stress (-1 spoon)
Work (-4 spoons)
Brain fog interfering with work (-2 spoons)
Interacting with people at work (-3 spoons)
Eat lunch (+1 spoon)
Kept late at work with questions from coworker (-1 spoon)
Travel home from work, not driving (-1 spoon)
Snack (+1 spoon)
Get food for the cat (-1 spoon)
Help make supper (-2 spoons)
Eat supper (+1 spoon)
Watch TV & surf internet (-2 spoons)

Now, it's 5:30 and I have a choice.  I want to go to sleep but if I do that then when I wake up it'll be too early and I'll use up spoons by the time it's time to get ready for work.  Plus more hours of sleep doesn't seem to equal more spoons.  I want to take a bath because of my backache and period cramps, but that's 1 more spoon.  Right now I've used 31 extra spoons which means there are 9 total for tomorrow.  Now, tomorrow is Friday, so I can borrow from Saturday as I have to and then be just a lump on a bump on Saturday, but bleargh.

I got hungry so I made a snack (-1 spoon)
But I ate the snack (+1 spoon)
Fork:  coughing fit (-1 spoon)
I decided to take a bath (-1 spoon)
I was so tired, I fell asleep in the bath.  I'm going to count that as a nap (+1 spoon)
Get ready for bed (-1 spoon)
Cat snuggles (-1 spoon)
Fork:  coughing fit (-1 spoon)
Fork:  foot/leg cramps (-1 spoon)
Fork:  arm pain, burning & tingling (-1 spoon)

Total spoons remaining for tomorrow:  -17

That gives me 3, so again I'll have used them before I get to work.  If tomorrow is like today, I'll have used them before I get dressed.  Tomorrow will be sheer willpower.  As I said above, tomorrow's me will be upset, but also too tired to be upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment